Ma Ly offers live painting sessions through the free program Zoom for teens and adults interested in developing their artistic skills. The alla prima painting style, in which a work is begun and ﬁnished in one session is challenging but always fun! Space is limited so register early. No experience necessary. All levels welcome. See calendar below.
FEES:(use registration form below or contact Ma at email@example.com if it doesn’t work):
- $20 per person for 2 hours. Supplies not included.
- Early Birds: $15 per person (instead of $20) if you sign up two weeks before the event.
- Same Household Special: $12 per person if you register with other people who will be painting in the same house.
- Fees are subject to change without notice.
SUPPLIES: If you don’t have something available, feel free to improvise with whatever you have on hand or e-mail Ma at firstname.lastname@example.org for a supply list.
- a pencil and eraser
- a stretched canvas 11″x14″ (any brand will do) unless otherwise requested
- acrylic paint Liquitex Basics: titanium white, primary blue, primary yellow, cadmium red medium hue, burnt umber .
- three paint brushes: 1 Filbert brush 1/2″ wide, 1 small round brush 1/4″ wide.
- palette: large paper plate or large plastic tupperware-like container + paper towel + wax paper
- a table top easel or (better yet!) a floor/studio easel (an easel is optional)
- paper towel or microfiber towel
- cup of water
- apron or clothes you don’t mind getting dirty/stained
HOW TO USE ZOOM:
- download it from here to your desktop computer or laptop.
- or download the app Zoom Cloud Meeting to your android or IOS smartphone.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
Follow along with Ma as he teaches in acrylic how to paint from a reference painting. You will learn to draw, mix colors, paint values, textures, and create your own work of art in 2 hours! A different subject painted by Ma will be instructed at each session. Find the picture you would like to paint with the date of the session you want to attend in the calendar below. To get the most enjoyment from the experience it is recommended to use a device with a screen larger than a phone screen. If you can connect/mirror your smartphone to your TV, it’s even better as you’ll be able to see more.
Scroll to the calendar below and use the form or contact Ma if you have any questions at email@example.com. Paypal, Venmo, Apple Pay and checks accepted. Your seat is reserved once your payment is received.
If the session is cancelled by Ma, you will get a full refund. If you cancel the session:
- one week prior to start of session, you will receive full refund.
- less than 1 week of the start of the session, you will either:
- be issued a refund check within 15 (fifteen) calendar days, minus a $2 processing fee.
- have your fee credited towards the next available session. If no show, or if you join the session late or leave early, no credit or refund is available.
After you purchase your ticket below, you will receive an email 24 hours before the session with the reference picture to download/print AND a custom URL link to join. Make sure to login 15 minutes before the session starts to avoid technical difficulties that may delay you and the other participants.
Friday, April 30, 2021 from 6:00pm-8:00pm:
FLOWER FINGER PAINTING – $20
$20 for April 30 class
Fee is $20 per person
$12 for April 30 class
Fee is $12 per person if you register with other people who will be painting in the same house.
May: STILL LIFE
December: WINTER SCENE